Saturday, 18 September 2010

National Cupcake Week

I never asked what nation was actually celebrating this wonder of a holiday period, but frankly I didn't care. I wanted to make cupcakes every single day but after throwing my back out I've had to be careful over how much I get up to.


This was a gluten-free vanilla cupcake with a simple white chocolate button on top. I'm rather pleased about my gluten-free recipe and my friend (who is a celiac) agrees. =)


I asked a friend what his favourite flavour is and he said strawberry. These are strawberry cupcakes (with strawberry flavouring and dried strawberries inside) with a butter-cream icing and a fresh strawberry on top. I should make these for Wimbledon season.


Andy finally, apple and cinnamon cake. I love this flavour and wanted to test it out with some frozen stewed apples my nan gave me. They were a treat - even if they don't look as pretty as the others.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these are beautiful! Now, what can you do for super-low-carb cupcakes? I'm in need...

    ReplyDelete