Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Halloween Treats

I made two lots of Halloween treats for yesterday's Karaoke Circus show. This is a very popular event where guest comedians and members of the audience sing karaoke backed by a live band. The show is always immense amounts of fun and the crowd is very lively. At the interval my friend Rose and I handed out treats. She made delicious pumpkin and orange cupcakes whereas made these little beauties...



Witches Fingers

Shortbread fingers with a hint of whiskey and almond 'finger nails'. The idea was taken from Forkable and they worked out a treat. There was a danger of the dough being over-worked but I think they came out better than expected.



Zombie Peanut-Butter Eyeballs.

Another recipe from Forkable but with a few changes, these were really fun to make and tasted amazing. I didn't go with the paraffin wax coating because as good as theirs looked, I wasn't comfortable with using wax (and when I tested it out the texture it was less than appealing). The rice crispies was also omitted as I wanted smooth eyeballs, so I just mixed butter with a jar of peanut butter and added icing sugar until the consistency felt right. I wish I had had time to paint on some creepy-looking veins but I may make similar but less scary treats for Xmas so I can always improve on what I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment